CARING FOR KIRIWINA has had a wonderful year, thanks to all the ongoing support of our fabulous donors.
Some highlights include:
- Two fabulous mid wives specialising in primary health care will be winging their way to Kiriwina around the first half of next year to assist with the much needed education of at least 50 of our midwives. We look forward to setting up this training program.
- 50 Caring for Kiriwina Village Health Volunteers (midwife) uniforms are on their way to the Island in time for the midwife education sessions in 2017.
- Becoming a recognised charity with the support of Global Development Group. CARING FOR KIRIWINA is a partner for Project J903N Caring for Kiriwina, PNG with Global Development Group (ABN 57 102 400 993).
- Sending at least 500 birthing kits to the Island.
- After spending time in Port Moresby having his donated hearing aids fitted, Jansen, the medical officer, is now back on Kiriwina and is able to continue to support the people in his health worker capacity
- Two separate deliveries of multiple boxes of donated Educational supplies have been distributed to various schools across the Island.CARING FOR KIRIWINA thanks you for your ongoing support, without which these programs would not be possible. Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.
To donate – www.gdg.org.au/GiveToJ903N.