There is still no help for VBA’s by the Health Department, however, they are very committed to their work and doing their work with kindness and generosity, helping pregnant mothers deliver their babies safely.
Birthing kits were delivered to Fellows, Luba 1, Kilivila 1, Kaileuna and Kula circuits VBA’s.
The birthing kits were delivered to the following villages VBA representatives:
- Kavataria VBA’s – Fellows Circuit
- Mulosaida VBA’s – Fellows Circuit
- Oyabia-Orabesi VBA’s – Fellows Circuit
- Osesuia VBA’s – Fellows Circuit
- Kwemtula VBA’s – Fellows Circuit
- Ilalima VBA’s – Luba 2 Circuit
- Okaikoda VBA’s – Kilivila 1 Circuit
- Kaisiga VBA’s – Kaileuna circuit
- Munuwata VBA’s – Kaileuna Circuit
- Giva VBA’s – Kaileuna Circuit
- Kitava VBA’s – Kula Circuit
There are currently a lot of pregnancies and the VBA’s require many more birthing kits. The VBA’s also request more torches or lights to help them to attend to deliveries at night as well as batteries. We are currently purchasing another 30 lanterns and more batteries.
We have also distributed condoms’ to our village health volunteer as well as Losuia Health Centre to encourage males to use condoms to promote family planning.