Ilai was discharged from the Port Moresby General Hospital on Saturday 18 September 2021.
Ilai will do his routine check ups until he is completely healed and will travel back to Kiriwina as soon as flights resume.
In the meantime, Ilai supports himself with crutches to move around the house especially to the rest room and to his bed. He feels much happier and relieved to be out of hospital. Ilai and his guardian Lawton would like to convey their innermost feelings of gratitude and appreciation to the following:
1. God Almighty for saving his life from the mouth of the shark
2. Dr. Giyodobu Tosiyeru – Losuia Health Centre
3. Losuia Health Centre workers
4. Tropic Air pilots and medivac team and management
5. Port Moresby General Hospital Emergency ward medical team
6. Port Moresby General Hospital Ward 2A medical team and the surgery team
7. All Donors who donated beddings and other necessities
8. Port Moresby Trobriand community who donated blood.
9. Port Moresby Trobriand community and other friends who visited Ilai at the hospital
10. All who have prayed for Ilai and wished him a speedy recovery.
The crutches he uses are too short so we will buy another set of crutches with the funds received.